As an ASPHN member, you can:
• Stay abreast of emerging public health nutrition issues and strategies.
• Strengthen your leadership skills.
• Network with colleagues and with state and national nutrition leaders.
• Influence important public policy.
• Participate in educational workshops on cutting edge public health nutrition issues and strategies.
• Work side by side with national partners to move forward key nutrition policies and programs.
In addition, state agencies benefit when their staff members are active participants in ASPHN. Involvement in ASPHN offers:
• Great opportunities for leadership training.
• State visibility to national leaders.
• Knowledge of what other states are doing, how they are doing it, and learning opportunities to apply other state's programs and experiences in your state.
• Exposure to new resources.
• Examples of collaboration internally and at the community level.
Read the leadership success stories from members who are involved in ASPHN.
In a nutshell, your active participation in ASPHN can keep your state on the cutting edge.