The ASPHN Board of Directors met on April 12, 2018.
- Approved the consent agenda, which included 5 Expanded Member applications: Natalie Andrews (AR), Lindsey Bouza (IN), Emily Cervantez (AZ), Michele Lord (WA), and Katie Tong Morrow (WA) and 5 Associate Member applications: April Fogelman (NC), Tiffany Hayes (UK), Gabrielle Hellbusch (MN), Heidi Jonson (MN), and Sierra Shoemaker (KY).
- Approved motion to continue membership rights and privileges for the State of Arkansas until May 31, 2018.
- The Policy Committee submitted comments to USDA and HHS concerning “Topics and Scientific Questions for the 2020-2025 Dietary Guidelines for Americans.”
- The Policy Committee signed on to 2 letters by the Center for Science in the Public Interest 1) opposing the anti-menu labeling bill in the Senate, S261; and 2) opposing a potential rider in FY 2019.
- The Policy Committee signed on to the Association of Maternal & Child Health Programs’ letter to the House and Senate in their appropriations request for FY 2019.
- The Policy Committee signed onto the National WIC Association’s appropriations letter for FY 2019.
- ASPHN submitted a one-time request for $75,000 supplement to the Children’s Healthy Weight CoIIN.
- ASPHN submitted a proposal to CDC in response to the CDC-RFA-OT18-1802 notice of funding opportunity. If funded, this award would start on August 1, 2018 and last for 5 years