The ASPHN Board of Directors met on December 13, 2019. The Board:
1. Approved 8 Expanded membership applications: Jill Crossland (MO), Marlene Goodlett (KY), Dawn Groth (AK), Kiufong Hon-Tulchinsky (NY), Teresa Kobza (ID), Corie Nadzan (NY), Michael Sieminski (OH), and D’Anne Ward (MO); and approved 1 Associate (student) membership application: Samantha Smith (CO).
2. A motion to approve the revised travel policy, designee and expanded member benefits policy, and associate member benefits policy passed unanimously.
3. Policy Committee actions on behalf of ASPHN since the last board report:
· Signed-on to the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials’ (ASTHO) letter to Congress requesting funding for public health in upcoming negotiations on the final FY20 Labor, Health and Human Services and Education (LHHS) Appropriations bill.
· Signed-on to NWA’s letter addressed to Congress in opposition to the proposed relocation of two USDA research agencies National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) and Economic Research Services (ERS).
· Signed-on to the Parents as Teachers and the Nurse-Family Partnership letter to Representative Danny K. Davis Chairman of the House Committee on Ways and Means Subcommittee in support of H.R. 4768, the Home Visiting to Reduce Maternal Mortality and Morbidity Act.
· Joined Safe Routes Partnership to endorse Rep. Espaillat (NY)’s introduction of the TAP bill.
· Submitted comments to USDA/FNS on behalf of ASPHN in opposition to proposed rule Regarding Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Standardization of State Heating and Cooling Standards Utility Allowances – RIN 0584-AE69.