07 Jan December 14, 2018 Board Meeting
Posted at 21:33h in News (Home page)
The ASPHN Board of Directors met on December 14, 2018.
- The Board approved the Consent Agenda, which included one Associate membership application (Valeska Mangini Weiss) and 2 Student membership application (Cindy McDuffie and Xuemei Zhang from Appalachian State University).
- Policy Committee signed on to The Association of Maternal & Child Health Programs (AMCHP), American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), March of Dimes, Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, and Preeclampsia Foundation letter urging Congressional leadership to bring H.R. 1318/S. 1112 (Preventing Maternal Deaths Act/Maternal Health Accountability Act) to a vote in the House and Senate before the end of the calendar year.
- Policy Committee signed on to letter request from CSPI and FPA urging Congress to pass a farm bill.
- Policy Committee signed on to letter request from USBC in support of establishing least 12 weeks of job-protected, paid family & medical leave as a self-funded insurance program.
- Policy Committee signed on to letter request from United States Breastfeeding Committee (USBC) seeking correction for gaps in the Military Parental Leave Program (MPLP).
- Policy Committee signed on to letter request from USBC to the Assistant Secretary for Health and the Office on Women’s Health (OWH) to urge OWH Health to immediately reinstate the original “Supporting Nursing Moms at Work: Employer Solutions”.
- Policy Committee submitted Comments to DHS on Docket No. USCIS-2010-0012 Proposed Rule on Inadmissibility on Public Charge Grounds.
- 4 ASPHN Board members and 1 ASPHN consultant presented to 9 students in the Appalachian State University Online Graduate Program in Public Health Nutrition on November 14. 2018. Two of the students submitted applications to become ASPHN members (see above).
- 10 applications were approved for the Growing ASPHN Leaders Program 2018-2019, representing a full class.