Human Centered Design Workshop Series: Session #1 – Human Centered Design Overview Children's Healthy Weight State Capacity Building Program Tuesday, April 25, 2023 10:00AM – 12:00 PM ET Too often, design and decisions about
Human Centered Design Workshop Series: Session #1 – Human Centered Design Overview
Children’s Healthy Weight State Capacity Building Program
Tuesday, April 25, 2023
10:00AM – 12:00 PM ET
Too often, design and decisions about important policies, practices, and programs are being made “for” communities most impacted instead of “with” them. Co-Design “is not a set of tools, but a way of collaborating directly with, and investing in, community members being most (and often disproportionately) impacted by challenges.” This presentation will help ground attendees in the principles of co-design and Human Centered Design (HCD) and now it applies to the health challenges and problem solving approaches that attendees are already familiar with, such as CBPR, QI methods, and systems thinking. We will share pertinent examples and discuss ways to practice and embed elements of the co-design framework at a variety of scales.
- Participants will be able to describe the principles of co-design and how it relates to recognized strategy and improvement practices.
- Participants will better understand the types of problems/efforts that are well suited for co-design and those that are not.
- Participants will learn how to uncover insights from people’s lived experiences and integrate them into new ways of creating practical and community-centered policies, practices, and programming.
- Participants will learn how humility, radical collaboration, and rapid prototyping allow organizations to collaborate and honor the communities they are in service to.
- Participants will begin to explore specific co-design approaches and tools that can be applied in their own work.
(Tuesday) 10:00 am - 12:00 pm