Assist PHSD clients with information and services for a variety of Community Health Nutrition Programs (CHNP) including the Federal Women Infants & Children (WIC) program, Commodity Supplemental Food Programs
- Assist PHSD clients with information and services for a variety of Community Health Nutrition Programs (CHNP) including the Federal Women Infants & Children (WIC) program, Commodity Supplemental Food Programs (CSFP), and other nutritional/breastfeeding counseling programs and support services and perform duties within scope of authority and training and in compliance with County policies.
- Interview clients, document income status and current living conditions, and determine eligibility for CHNP services.
- Evaluate clients’ nutrition/breastfeeding and health-related needs, discuss and document clients’ eating habits, health history, and current medical condition, and work with client to develop personal goals and a nutrition/breastfeeding care plan.
- Counsel and educate clients on proper nutrition/breastfeeding practices, provide educational material and personalized information on CHNP and PHSD programs, and refer clients to other service providers as needed.
- Measure height/weight and hemoglobin (blood) testing.
- Assist clients to access other health care professionals, regional agencies, and community services programs.
- Maintain case file records and collect, compile, and report data on program participation.
March 21 (Monday) 8:00 am - April 29 (Friday) 5:00 pm