Provide services to participants in the Community Health Nutrition Programs (CHNP) for the Public Health Services Department (PHSD), including the Federal Women Infants & Children (WIC) Program, Commodity Supplemental
- Provide services to participants in the Community Health Nutrition Programs (CHNP) for the Public Health Services Department (PHSD), including the Federal Women Infants & Children (WIC) Program, Commodity Supplemental Food Programs (CSFP), and other nutritional/breastfeeding counseling programs and support services.
- Provide nutrition/breastfeeding counseling for low income, pregnant, breastfeeding women, postpartum women, infants, and children.
- Manage high priority counseling cases and complex assessment and infant formula calculations, perform anthropometric and biochemical measurements, and approve specialty infant formulas.
- Counsel high-risk individuals on complex health issues, including anemia, overweight/underweight, and wellness.
- Plan, develop, and teach classes on nutrition/breastfeeding, prenatal, and breastfeeding education.
- Provide training and education on breastfeeding practices and child and infant nutrition/breastfeeding issues.
- Counsel and educate clients on proper nutrition/breastfeeding practices and provide referrals to other community service agencies as appropriate
- Distribute educational, training, and procedural materials to clients.
- Provide outreach programs to explain the nature of PHSD programs and services to community groups and identify, evaluate, and report community needs.
- Perform work of a Nutrition Specialist as needed to meet workload demands.
- Assist with training and cross-training of Nutrition Specialists.
March 21 (Monday) 8:00 am - April 29 (Friday) 5:00 pm