COUNCIL MEMBER ACTIVITIES & BENEFITS
- PROVIDE LEADERSHIP AND ADVOCATE for the role and competencies of public health nutrition in healthy food systems and active living environments
- COLLABORATE WITH PARTNERS to improve healthy food systems, active living environments, health equity and create sustained change across states and the nation
- SERVE AS A TRUSTED RESOURCE AND PARTNER for expert opinion, policy development, environmental change, evidence-based programs and practices for national and state nutrition and physical activity efforts
- FACILITATE NETWORKING, TRAINING, EDUCATION and sharing of healthy food systems and active living environments among public health nutritionists and others committed to creating sustained change
- PARTICIPATE AS A STUDENT MEMBER and lend your voice to our efforts. Check out this flyer to learn more.
Learn more by reviewing the Council Workplan and Fact Sheet.
OUR COUNCIL LEADERSHIP
Abby Gold, PhD, MPH, RD, Health & Nutrition Extension Specialist, Department of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Minnesota, ASPHN Associate Member, Minnesota
Alison Patrick, MPH, RD, LD, Program Manager, Cuyahoga County Board of Health, ASPHN Associate Member, Ohio
Teresia Mbogori, PhD, RDN, Assistant Professor at Ball State University, ASPHN Associate Member, Indiana