15 Jan January 11, 2019 Board Meeting
The ASPHN Board of Directors met on January 11, 2019. The Board:
· Approved 15 Expanded membership applications: Holly Adams (NY), Gail Anderson (MN), Julie Anderson (MN), Rachel Bowers (MN), Samantha Burington (MN), Ynke deKoe (CO), Melissa Elder (MN), Kathleen Hiltwine (PA), Elizabeth Kiertscher (TX), Megan LeClair (MN), Nicole Podhora (MN), Mary Rymanowski (MN), Ilona Singh (AK), Shireen Sobhani (NY), and Kara Strandlund (MN); and one Associate membership application: Dawn Olcott (Cambridge Public Health Department);
· Announced that a 2-part policy training webinar developed by National Fruit & Vegetable Nutrition Council and Policy Committee will be available to all ASPHN members. The first part will be a “Policy 101” and the second part will focus on skill building for policy and advocacy.
· Approved the ASPHN 2019 budget;
· Will attend the Mid-Year Meeting from Feb 1-2 in Tucson, Arizona;
· The ASPHN Annual Meeting will be held in Scottsdale, Arizona from June 9 – 11, 2019.