The ASPHN Board of Directors met on July 12, 2019.
- Motion to approve ASPHN serve on the Advisory Group of the Nutrition in Food Retail Program Development, a project of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation passed unanimously.
- Motion to approve that ASPHN Consultant, Shana Patterson, serve as the ASPHN Liaison on the Advisory Group passed unanimously.
- Motion to approve the nomination of Emily Bash as Secretary effective immediately and through July 31, 2019 passed unanimously.
- Six Expanded membership applications were approved: Kayla Carlisle (NH), Jessi Dickerson (IN), Eileen Hough (NV), Jennifer Johnson (WI), Asma Odeh (FL), and Amy Rupp (IN).
- Four Associate membership applications were approved: Denise Giroux (CA, Student), Sarah Rae (IN), Ashley Sneddon (AZ, Student), and Shirley Valerio (NY).
- ASPHN submitted a comment letter “Docket ID: FNS-2019-0003; Providing Regulatory Flexibility for Retailers in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)” to the Retailer Policy and Management Division, Food and Nutrition Service, U.S.D.A. to USDA on June 4, 2019.