The ASPHN Board of Directors met on July 13, 2018. The Board:
- Welcomed 1 new Expanded member: Kayla Fuller (AR) and 1 new Associate member: Brooklyn Long (AR);
- A motion to approve changes to Partnership Policy passed unanimously;
- The Policy Committee signed-on to CSPI letter in opposition to a proposed amendment to the Farm Bill that would expand the Fresh Fruit & Vegetable program to include all forms, including non-fresh fruits and vegetables i.e. canned, frozen and dried;
- A motion to support ASPHN Policy Committee signing on to the Developing Best Practices for Integrating Food and Nutrition Concepts into K-12 Education Act passed unanimously;
- The Policy Committee signed on to Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs encouraging Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar to support breastfeeding policies and positions that aim to protect, protect, and support breastfeeding in the global arena, in response to the United States delegation to the recent World Health Assembly; and
- The Policy Committee signed on the United States Breastfeeding Committee letter calling upon our government to ensure policy decisions and actions are based on scientific evidence, free from industry influence, and carried out in accordance to global trade agreements and international law.