The ASPHN Board of Directors met on May 10, 2019.
· The Board approved the Consent Agenda, which included 18 Expanded membership applications: Ellen Babb (SC), Susan Barr (MO), Pamela Birk (MO), Rebecca Burton (MO), Amy Cooper (SC), Jennifer Craig (SC), Stephanie Heim (MN), Anna Johnson (SC), Joanna Li (NY), Erin Marberry (MO), Jessica Morrison (SC), Lori Murphy (SC), Jacob Myers (SC), Ellen Rees (MO), Rosalynn Rice (SC), Sadhana Tolani (SC), Dana Troxel (MO), Sara Witte (MO) and three Associate membership applications: Brigitte Jimenez (NJ, Student), Laura Perdue (MN), and Annie Scott (IL).
· The Policy Committee signed-on to letter from the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) addressed to Chairs Bishop and Hoeven and Ranking Members Fortenberry and Merkely in support of the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) proposed funding of 3 million dollars for vital consumer- nutrition awareness education campaigns.
· The Policy Committee signed-on to the letter from the March of Dimes in support of the Mothers and Offspring Mortality and Morbidity Awareness (MOMMA) Act. The bill authorizes activities and programs to address maternal mortality.
· The Policy Committee submitted comments on behalf of ASPHN to the USDA opposing Proposed Rule: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP): Requirements for Able-Bodied Adults without Dependents RIN 0584-AE57.
· Remember to register for the Annual Meeting, which will be June 9-11 in Scottsdale, Arizona.