The ASPHN Board of Directors met on November 9, 2018. The Board:
- Welcomed 5 new Expanded members: Melanie Brummeler (MI), Latresh Davenport (GA), Kimberly Stanek (IA), Suzy Wilson (IA), and Caryn Wittry (IA) and one new Student member: Karlie Montesano (NY);
- A motion to approve the Membership Communication & Outreach Committee policy and procedure on welcoming new members to ASPHN and councils passed unanimously;
- A motion to approve $1,500 of unrestricted funds be budgeted in the 2019 budget for travel costs for Becky Adams to attend the ASTHO Policy Summit in September 2019 passed unanimously;
- The Policy Committee Submitted comments to FDA Re: FDA-2018-N-238; The Food and Drug Administration’s Comprehensive, Multi-Year Nutrition Innovation Strategy; Public Meeting; Request for Comments (posted in HyperOffice);
- The Policy Committee signed on to NANA letter to Commissioner S. Gottlieb/FDA in response to FDA’s request for comments on FDA’s Nutrition Innovation Strategy.