The ASPHN Board of Directors met on February 11, 2022.
- Four General membership applications were approved: Lily Cheak (AR); Stephanie Kwong (CA); Denise Moore (CA); Chiara Phillips (NC);
- Twelve Associate including 10 Student member applications were approved: Chloe Cockeram (NC); Katherine Cress (NC); Anahi Espinoza (NC); Austin Foster (NC); Leah Galitzdorfer (CA); Charlene Garcia (NV); Judith Garcia (NC); Avery Poling (NC); Mai Thao (MN); Shannon Vaeth (PA); Khan Zoua Vang (MN); Cheyenne Westhoven (NC)
- The motion to authorize Christie Kirchoff to fulfill ASPHN Secretary duties from March 2022 to May 2022 while Emily Bash is on leave passed unanimously.
- Policy Committee actions on behalf of ASPHN since last board report:
- Did not opt-out of the National WIC Association’s letter addressed to Chair Leahy, Ranking Member Shelby, Chair DeLauro, and Ranking Member Granger urging Congress to come together and negotiate an omnibus package that provides the U.S. Department of Agriculture with the funding and authority to extend the WIC benefit bump through September 30, 2022.
- Signed-on in support Safe Routes Partnership’s letter addressed to Secretary Buttigieg which highlighted the opportunities the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) has to emphasize the physical activity, safety, and equity provision of the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL).
- Signed-on in support of the National Farm to School Network’s letter addressed to Chairwoman DeLauro, Ranking Member Granger, Chairman Leahy, Vice Chairman Shelby, Chairman Bishop, Ranking Member Harris, Chairwoman Baldwin, Ranking Member Hoeven; asking Congress to give the USDA continuing authority to issue waivers as needed through the 2022-2023 school year so that child nutrition program operators can effectively plan and prepare for the coming year with the flexibility to meet all students’ needs.
- Casted ASPHN’s vote to approve three documents as a member of the Center for Science in the Public Interest/NANA Steering Committee: (1) Coalition Charter -2022; (2) Disagreement Resolution Policy, and (3) NANA’s Checklist Questions.