The ASPHN Board of Directors met on January 27, 2020.
1. A motion to approve the 2020 Budget passed unanimously.
2. A motion to approve the Federal Agency Staff Involvement Policy and Procedure passed unanimously.
3. A motion to approve the American Heart Association – Healthy for Life as a new partner passed unanimously.
4. A motion to approve 1000 Days as a new partner passed unanimously.
5. Approved 8 new Expanded Member applications: Maureen Brown (NH), Emily Charnock (VT), Lisa Corman (NH), Alana Gowin (CO), Stefanie Lynn (OH), Tanya O’Connor (CO), Toni Piechota (CA), Amanda Shumway (AZ); and 11 new Associate Member (8 student) applications: Toluwani Awakoya (MN), Kathryn Coakley (NM), Marianna Colucci (MN), Karen Goff (IA), Nancy Jiang (MN), Jee Hyun Lee (MN), Wendy Lukas (NY), Moko Matsumoto (MN), Kristin Norderud (MN), Molly Pass (MN), Graydon Yatabe (GA).
6. Policy Committee actions on behalf of ASPHN since last board report:
· Submitted comments to USDA/FNS/DGAC regarding 2020 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee Request for Comments [Docket FNS-2019-0001].
· Signed on to National WIC Association’s letter to member of the US House of Representatives in support for the Supporting Healthy Outcomes for Mothers and Infants Act, which will provide targeted nutrition education materials for WIC agencies to better serve families grappling with substance use disorder and infants diagnosed with Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome.
· Signed on to letter Supporting CSPI’s Processed Meat Labeling Petition to block misleading “no nitrates added” claims on processed meat.