The ASPHN Board of Directors met on March 11, 2022.
- One General membership application was approved: Erin Raczynski (AZ). Two Associate (one Student) membership applications were approved: Michelle Draxten (ND) and Brandi Stein (LA).
- The motion from the Policy Committee to sign the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion’s (ODPHP) Partnership Agreement and Trademark License regarding the Healthy People 2030 (HP2030) Champion program passed unanimously.
- A motion to authorize the fruit and vegetable statement work group to finalize and release the ASPHN call to action statement regarding fruit & vegetable consumption passed unanimously.
- Policy Committee Actions on behalf of ASPHN since last bard report:
• Signed-on in support of the Aligning for Health letter encouraging the Senate HELP Committee leadership to include the LINC to Address Social Need Act in the final legislative text of the PREVENT Pandemics Act.
• Signed-on in support of the National Partnership for Women and Families letter to Congress urging policymakers to expand protections provided under the Family and Medical Leave Act.
• Signed-on to the Steering Committee of the National Collaborative for Infants and Toddlers’ (NCIT) Open Letter to the Nation on Behalf of Infants and Toddlers – Priorities for 2022 and Beyond, highlighting shared values and principles on the importance of investing in prenatal-to-three priorities that young children and their families need to thrive.
• Signed-on to Pregnant Workers Fairness (PWFA) Coalition’s letter addressed to Congress asking for the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act (S. 1486/H.R. 1065) to be included in the Omnibus Spending Bill (2022) legislation.
final February 2022 Board Meeting minutes