The ASPHN Board of Directors met in November 13, 2020.
1. 5 Expanded membership applications were approved: Alice Brite (SC), Mia Donley (CO), Liz Marso (SD), Agnes Russell (SC), Kebra Wright (SC).
2. 7 Associate (four Student) membership applications approved: Krista Casazza (FL), Lauren Gwaltney (NC), Amanda Harner (NC), Linda Knol (AL), Kimberly Prosper (DC), Theresa Saltsgaver (NC), Valeska Weiss (FL).
3. The motion to approve adding language to ASPHN bylaws that permits the Board of Directors to appoint up to three non-voting directors passed unanimously.
4. The motion to approve the ASPHN Priority Issues Statement with additional language passed unanimously.
5. The motion to approve the Policy Committee Priorities Watch List, Policy Committee Qualifying Questions, and Decision-Making Schematic flow chart included in the November 13, 2020 Board Packet passed unanimously.
6. Policy Committee actions on behalf of ASPHN since last board report:
· Signed-on to the Nemours organization’s letter addressed to the Presidential Election 2020 Winner; asking for the establishment of a White House Office on Children and Youth and a White House Conference on Children and Youth. The goal is to promote long-term racial, ethnic and socioeconomic equity by elevating the needs of children, youth, and their families.
· Signed-on to the American Institute for Cancer Research’s letter addressed to Secretary Perdue (USDA) and Secretary Azar (HHS) expressing support for the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee’s conclusion that there is sufficient evidence to support decreasing the amount of alcohol consumed by men from two to one drink per day.