The ASPHN Board of Directors met in December 11, 2020.
1. 15 Expanded membership applications approved: Jennie Altman (AZ); Sara Beckwith (DC); Sarah Brett (ID); Melisha Bryant (AZ); Cassandra Florea (KS); Jennifer Folliard (SD); Elizabeth Holmes (AZ); Elizabeth Honerman (SD); Doris Kuehn (DC); Jessie Lupo (DC); Jennifer Manley (AZ); Noni Robinson (DC); Patrick Shea (AZ); Christina Thi (TX); Jacques Watson (AZ);
2. 6 Associate (two Student) membership applications approved: Isabelle Acker (DC); Rachel Bessire (MI); Victor Colman (WA); Olivia Ford (MI); Lissette Mahoney (AZ); Alice Jo Rainville (MI);
3. Motion to approve the new ASPHN Bylaws according to the file named “ASPHN 2020 Bylaws_proposed and without track changes” passed unanimously;
4. Policy Committee actions on behalf of ASPHN since last board report:
- Signed-on to the National Farm to School Network’s federal COVID-19 policy platform calling on Congress to strengthen its support for school meal and child nutrition programs, farmers and those who feed us, Native communities, essential workers, children and families, and others who have been historically underserved and underrepresented.