The ASPHN board of directors met on February 12, 2021.
1. 12 General membership applications were approved: George Centeio (HI); Kristine Chung (HI); Rachel Daddio (NJ); Sara Jones (SC); Carole Kelnhofer (MN); Tiffany LeRoy (NJ); Nadine Marchessault (HI); Katie Matsushima (HI); Sarah McWhirter (GA); Eftixia Nerantzis (NY); Maureen O’Brien (NJ); Jordan Smith (HI)
2. 12 Associate (including 11 student membership applications) were approved: Kelly-Marie Andersen (NY); Josh Bentley (MN); Meg Bruening (AZ); Amanda Crawford (CO); Ryan Farquhar (CA); Aditi Goel (MN); Natalie Hogan (MN); Sydney Meyer (MN); Faith Rasmusen (MN); Habso Sharif (MN); Cassandra Twiggs (MN); Melissa Vang (MN)
3. Policy Committee actions on behalf of ASPHN since last board report:
– The request from the Trust for America’s Health in support of reintroducing the Improving Social Determinants of Health Act to Congress by Rep. Nanette Diaz Barragán (CA-44).
– The request from the Safe Routes Partnership in support of the Safe Routes to School Expansion Act; to be introduced in the 117th Congress by Representative Brown (MD-04).
– The Black Maternal Health Momnibus Act’s reintroduction to Congress by Senator Cory Booker and Congresswoman Representative Alma Adams.