The ASPHN Board of Directors met on November 8, 2019. The Board:
- Approved 9 Expanded membership applications: Angela Adams-Melendez (NV), Kyskie Bolton (MS), Clare DiSanto (NY), Catherine Hallenback (NY), Nancy Magana-Benoit (CA), Krista Schoen (FL), April Semon (NY), Laura Tanase (NC), Samantha Trammell (CA); and 8 Associate membership applications: Jennifer Celt (NC), Joy Chibuzo (GA), Nehaa Dambala (TX), Olajumoke Falomo (WI), Samantha Jackson (TX), Allison Riederer (MN), Karra Sparks (AR), Lyn Steffen (MN).
- Unanimously passed a motion to approve a new board meeting agenda template.
- Signed-on to the World Cancer Research Fund’s (WCRF) statement supporting the current recommendation to limit red meat consumption and eat little, if any, processed meat to reduce cancer risk.
- Signed-on to the National Coalition for Promoting Physical Activity’s (NCPPA) letter to Congress in support of S.2302, America’s Transportation and Infrastructure Act (ATIA).
- Signed-on to the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials’ (ASTHO) letter to Congress requesting funding for public health in upcoming negotiations on the final FY20 Labor, Health and Human Services and Education (LHHS) Appropriations bill.
- Signed-on in support of the National Alliance for Nutrition and Activity’s (NANA) Child Nutrition Reauthorization (CNR) Recommendations.
- Did not opt-out of the United States Breastfeeding Committee’s (USBC) joint letter thanking Senator Duckworth and Senator Fischer for introducing the FAME Act.