The ASPHN Board of Directors met on October 9, 2020.
1. Two Expanded membership applications were approved: Sarah Eber (MO); Taylor Henderson (MS).
2. Nine Associate (three Student) membership applications were approved: Gary Anderson (MS); Katherine Arlinghaus (MN); Sarah Eichberger (MI); Jennifer Forte (NH); Jessica Lopez (CA); Amy Pleimling (MN); Robin Seitz (NC); Samara Sterling (GA); Gerit Wagner (MN) .
3. The motion to accept the Independent Auditor’s Report prepared by Brady, Martz & Associates, P.C. for the 2018 and 2019 ASTPHND/ASPHN financial records passed unanimously.
4. The motion to approve the Nutrition and Obesity Policy Research and Evaluation Network (NOPREN), with specific focus on the NOPREN-HER COVID Nutrition Response Working group, as a new ASPHN Partner passed unanimously.
5. The motion to accept the Contracting Policy as presented passed unanimously.
6. The motion to accept the revised payment by check procedures as presented passed unanimously.
7. Motion to approve and release to members and partners the ASPHN Board of Directors statement on equity and inclusion passed unanimously.
8. Policy Committee actions on behalf of ASPHN since last board report:
- On July 7, 2020 ASPHN signed-on to TFAH, APHA, ASTHO, BPC Action, NACCHO, and PHAB letter addressed to congressional leadership in support of increased, sustained annual funding for state/local/tribal/territorial public health infrastructure. Subsequently, on 09/23/2020, ASPHN also signed on in support of Senator Patty Murray, ranking member of the Senate HELP Committee, introduction of the Public Health Infrastructure Saves Lives Act to create a core public health infrastructure program at CDC.