The ASPHN Board of Directors met on September 11, 2020.
1. Three Expanded membership applications were approved: Heather Kristofzski-Raizor (OH); Brittney Linton (SC); Stephanie Wujek (NJ).
2. Nine Associate (two Emerging Professional) membership applications approved: Alexis Endicott (ID); Monica Esquivel (HI); Taknequa Hill (NC); Andrea Miller (VT); Sarah Patton (NC); Caitlin Peterson (NC); Sharon Sass (AZ); Cherese Shelton (HI); Melissa Ziegler (NC).
3. Policy Committee actions on behalf of ASPHN since last board report:
· Signed-on to Comments submitted by the National Drinking Water Alliance to USDA and HHS urging them to include strong and actionable recommendations on the importance of drinking water in place of sugar-sweetened beverages as they draft the 2020-2025 Dietary Guidelines for Americans. The comment also urges them to place a symbol for water on the MyPlate graphic
· Signed-on the Federal Nutrition Research Advisory Group’s letter to the DGAC (via opt-out option) thanking them for their service on the DGA committee and calling for a national evaluation and strategy development for a new strengthened federal nutrition research effort.
· Submitted comments/recommendations to USDA/HHS on behalf of ASPHN Re: 2020-2025 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee Final Report: Docket FNS-2019-0001.